Great for unwinding after a long day at work, or helping erase occasional daily stresses. New MOOD is like a deep breath and a smile in a bottle.
Serotonin has been linked to positive mood and healthy emotional balance. But you can’t just take a serotonin supplement and call it a day. Serotonin cannot cross the all-important blood-brain barrier. Serotonin has to be produced by the body in order for you to benefit from it. One of the best ways to do this is to supplement with serotonin’s building blocks.
The natural production of serotonin begins with the common amino acid L-Tryptophan. LTryptophan converts to 5-HTP which is the direct precursor of this essential neurotransmitter (5-HT). New MOOD contains both L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP, creating a time release effect that when combined with the B-vitamins included, to assist the body in generating serotonin.
Deeply Relaxing Herbs
- Valerian Root Extract: Valerian root, scientifically known as valeriana officinalis, is a hardy, perennial flowering plant that is native to Europe and parts of Asia. Valerian root has been used since the classical era of ancient Greece for restlessness.
- Chamomile Flower Extract: Another widely used herb, the chamomile flower has long been sought for its calming properties. The name translates from Ancient Greek as Earth Apple, for the pleasant aroma of its flowers.
- Lemon Balm Leaf Extract: Lemon balm is a perennial herb in the mint family that’s native to southern Europe and the Mediterranean regions. Studies have shown lemon balm to be helpful to the body in maintaining a positive mood. In conjunction with Valerian, Lemon balm also assists with the reduction of occasional mental stress.
- Jujube Seed Extract: The Jujube tree has its origins in China, but is now cultivated throughout the world due to the prized properties of both the fruit and the seed. The seed, in particular, is widely used for occasional restlessness.
Ingredient Research Highlights
- 5-HTP shows improvement in mood equal to standard of care, in double blind trial.
- 5-HTP “easily crosses the blood-brain barrier and effectively increases central nervous system (CNS) synthesis of serotonin.”
- Supports a healthy mood balance vs. placebo in 69% of people administered 5-HTP for 2 weeks in double blind trial.
- Valerian and Lemon Balm show the ability to reduce laboratory-induced stress in a double-blind trial.
- Valerian supplementation does not lead to reduction in “alertness, reaction time, or concentration.”