Formulated to help support the body’s antioxidant response and immune system.
What is ViruTech?
Virutech is a proprietary formula to help the body support its response to oxidative stress while supporting the immune system. ViruTech is a skillful combination of potent immune supporting nutrients combined with one of the most well researched antioxidants, Vitamin C.
L-Lysine, an essential amino acid, forms the base of the Vitality Blend along with Vitamin C. Rounding out this formula is a stack that includes Quercetin and Alpha Lipoic Acid, two of the most powerful flavonoids that work with the body to quench free radicals.
- Quercetin: Quercetin is a flavonol found in fruits and vegetables that acts in several ways to support the body’s optimal working condition.
- L-Lysine: Lysine is an essential amino acid found in meat, nuts, and legumes. It cannot be synthesized by the body, so it must be obtained from food sources or supplements. Lysine is necessary for collagen synthesis and supports overall vitality.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid: Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) is an organosulfur compound crucial for aerobic metabolism. ALA supports cellular integrity by interacting with vitamin C and glutathione, allowing the production of Vitamin E. Small amounts of lipoic acid are found in green vegetables such as broccoli, however, supplementation provides a readily available amount that may not be obtainable solely by eating green vegetables or other foods as part of a daily diet. ALA may also help the body decrease the formation of Advanced Glycation End-Products (AGEs). Elevated levels of AGEs, which form naturally from certain methods of cooking, are thought to contribute to oxidative stress.
- Selenium: Selenium is an essential element that functions as an important antioxidant. Selenium may reduce the risk of certain cancers. Some scientific evidence suggests that consumption of selenium may reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer. However, the US Food and Drug Administration has determined that this evidence is limited and not conclusive.
- Zinc: Zinc is an important micronutrient and cofactor in a number of enzymatic and biological processes. Zinc is an essential nutrient meaning it cannot be created by the body and must be obtained through the diet or supplementation.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that is crucial for cellular integrity. Vitamin C’s success as an antioxidant is related to its ability to donate electrons to free radicals. It freely donates its electrons to help prevent oxidative stress. Vitamin C is necessary for the synthesis of collagen (an important component of blood vessels, ligaments, and bone), carnitine and certain neurotransmitters.